Skip to content
PERINATAL MENTAL HEALTH
Parents and babies’ mental health and emotional well-being matter !
- Pre-conception advice for women with current or a history of mental health issues, to discuss risk of relapse, treatment options and strategies to remain well during pre-conception period and pregnancy
- Care and treatment for women and men with mental health problems (deterioration of a known condition, development of a new one) during the perinatal period, including making decisions about using medication, especially during pregnancy for women.
- Parent-infant relationship approach
- Care and support for parents who have lost their baby
GENERAL ADULT PSYCHIATRY
Mental health is just as important as physical health!
- Making sense of the patient’s difficulties in the context of their relationships, social circumstances and life events (aka Formulation)
- Diagnosing psychiatric disease if relevant
- Creating treatment plan including medication if necessary
“No man is an island” and each member of the family can help.
- Expression and exploration of family members’ feelings, difficulties and differences within their relationships in a safe, non-judgemental environment, with an aim of improving communication and finding a way forward, together
- Building on each individual’s strengths